Aru • The land of pearls and birds of paradise
10 days to discover Aru
From July to October
Price on request, depending on the guide (local/expat), decreasing with number of participants (minimum 2, maximum 8).
Longer stay and/or extension in Kei Islands possible, don't hesitate to contact us.
WHEN TO GO
The birds display between May and October but the best season lasts from mid-July to mid-October. All other activities are possible outside of the parades months.
Follow us to the Aru Archipelago, away from ordinary tourist routes, to discover the secrets of pearl farming and the exquisite dances of the Greater Bird-of-Paradise. A totally original and exclusive journey...
- Discovery of the pearl farming secrets, nowhere else revealed, et of groupers' aquaculture.
- Guaranteed observation of Greater Bird-of-Paradise's dances in exceptional conditions, from the ground or the canopy.
- Observation of the Arunese diurnal and nocturnal fauna, birds, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and sometimes even mammals during some trekking in the jungle or from hides installed on the ground.
- Unforgettable moments with the population in Pulau Kenari, Badi Gaki and the villages.
- Discovery of the day-to-day life of the Aru hunters-farmers, their hunting and fishing techniques, theirs habits, their life difficulties.
- Tailor-made treks to explore the primary forest.
- Private bungalow with a river-view large terrace, double bed room with ensuite bathroom and running water, tea/coffee all day long. A unreal luxury in the middle of the jungle.
- 8 participants maximum.
Pulau Kenari pearl farm
Badi Gaki • Badi Gaki Resort
Dobo • Hotel Grand Aru
- Nights in double room
- Fullboard (except mentioned meals)
- Water, tea, coffee
- Transfers, visits, and excursions
- Access to the hides
- Unlimited trekking (day/night)
- River cruise on prahu
- Badi Gaki Conservation Forest entrance fee
- Biologist and photographer guide
- Flights to/from Dobo
- Accommodation/meals in Dobo
- Beverages (other then mentioned)
- Personal expenses
- Tips for drivers and local guides
- Cancellation insurance
- Unforeseeable programme changes
The general conditions of Kasoar TRAVEL apply.